How To Download Streaming Videos On Mac
Downloading streaming videos on Mac is not easy. Most of the youtube downloaders doesn’t work with mac. If you are on a slow internet connection, then watching YouTube videos only to realize that doing so is going to be utterly useless. After all, they do not run very fast. What is worse, you do not have a dependable Internet connection. There are also times when you are itching to watch videos from American Idol, yet you cannot simply because you have to be traveling.
There is actually a very good option: you can get a downloader and download the video on your hard disk. However, most of the downloaders available in the World Wide Web work only in Windows operating system—you have a MAC. What should you do then to download any streaming video MAC?
You need to get this Streaming Video Downloader for mac. This software is simply amazing and will allow you to do download streaming videos automatically on mac.
1. Download the downloader from above link and install the software in your system. Make sure that you download the right version according to the Mac you are using, Intel or Power PC.
2. After downloading, run the installer. Follow some very basic and easy steps to get the installation done.
3. Open the installed program, If it is your first time to open it, you will be asked with your username and password. It is important that you’re running the MAC computer in administrator status. Otherwise, you cannot turn the Sniffer function on.
4. The screen will also provide you with password verifications if you have not set any password yet, particularly if you are using higher versions of MAC.
5. Make sure that the Sniffer function is on. You can see it at the left-hand side of the software, the one with radar. You will know the purpose of Sniffer later on.
6. Go to YouTube and click on the videos you wish to download into your PC.
7. The Sniffer function will automatically determine these videos and their URLs and begin the downloading process. You don’t have to copy and paste the addresses anymore.
The MAC streaming video downloader will also provide you very important information about the videos. For one, you will know the length as well as the sizes of the videos. You can also determine the downloading status, as well as where they are currently saved in your hard drive.
You can also click on Stop if you want to turn the Sniffer function off and prevent it from collecting any more videos. Moreover, you can delete the videos you no longer like to see and rename them for easier look-up.
What if you want to view the videos in devices such as Zune, iPod, or iPhone? These portable devices can actually play videos; however, they don’t work with those that are in FLV format. YouTube videos make use of that.
To settle the issue, you can go back to the software and click on Convert. You can then select the format you want, which, in this case, is MP4. All chosen videos will automatically be transformed into MP4 formats. It is extremely easy to download youtube videos on mac. Give this software a try and you’ll love it!
Here is Mac YouTube Downloader software for you. You can download streaming videos on Mac Os x/ Snow Leopard. Not only youtube, but you can record almost any streaming video on your Mac!